24 Jan Top 20 Programmes launched by Modi Government : Make a NOTE in short
1. *Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (28 August 2014) :*
To achieve 100% financial inclusion
22 crore bank accounts opened so far
Slogan: _Mera Khata – Bhagya Vidhaata_
2. *Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (25 September 2014):*
To alleviate poverty through in rural & urban areas.
Achieved through livelihood opportunities & skill development.
Implemented by Rural Development & Housing and Urban poverty alleviation ministries
3. *Mission Housing for All – Urban (25 June 2015) :*
To provide housing by 2022 to all eligible.
Also called Sardar Patel Urban Housing Mission.
A Centrally Sponsored Scheme & has 4 components
4. *Digital India (26 August 2014)* :
To achieve digitally empowered knowledge economy.
Transformed version of National e-Governance Plan.
worth 1 lakh crore rupees & has 9 thrust areas.
5. *Make In India* (25 September 2014) :
To make India a global manufacturing hub.
Manufacturing sector to grow over 10%.
Will create 1 crore jobs per year.
6. *Skill India* (15 July 2015) :
To fast-track skill development efforts.
Provides for an overall institutional framework.
300 million will be skilled by 2022.
7. *MUDRA Bank Yojana* (8 April 2015) :
Stands for Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Ltd.
Loans between 50000 to 10 lakh rupees provided.
Has three categories Shishu, Kishor & Tarun.
8. *Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana* (25 July 2015) :
To achieve 100% rural electrification.
Subsumed Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyutikaran Yojana.
Has an outlay of 76000 crore rupees.
9. *Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana* (2 July 2015) :
To achieve water efficiency by 2020.
Will be achieved through converging existing programmes.
Has an outlay of 50000 crore rupees for 2015-20.
10. *Soil Health Card Scheme* (19 February 2015) :
To improve farm productivity.
Achieved by using appropriate nutrients.
Slogan: Swasth Dharaa Khet Haraa.
11. *Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao* (22 January 2015) :
To address the declining Child Sex Ratio issue.
To celebrate the girl child & enable her education.
So far 161 districts were selected in 2 phases.
12. *Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme for Kerosene* (1 April 2016):
To plug leakages in kerosene delivery through PDS.
Subsidy amount transferred to beneficiary accounts.
Implemented in selected 26 districts of 8 states.
13. *Swachh Bharat Mission* (2 October 2014) :
To make India 100% open defecation free by 2019.
Eradication of manual scavenging is also a part.
Focus is on attitudinal change.
14. *Swarna Bharat Yojana* (5 November 2015) :
To reduce gold imports by utilizing domestic reserves.
Has three gold related schemes.
Gold Monetization & Gold Bond Schemes and Indian Gold Coins.
15. *Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana* (9 May 2015) :
Its an Accident Insurance Scheme.
Offers death and disability cover on account of an accident.
For 12 rupees premium offers 1-2 lakhs coverage.
16. *Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana* (9 May 2015) :
To provide for life insurance cover to the needy.
For 330 rupees premium offers 2 lakh rupees coverage.
Administered by the Life Insurance Corporation.
17. *Atal Pension Yojana* (9 May 2015) :
To enhance old age income security of the working poor.
inked to National Pension System & administered by PFRDA.
Will get fixed pension between Rs 1000 & 5000 per month.
18. *Smart Cities Mission* (25 June 2015) :
To make urban areas more livable & inclusive.
Focus is on building urban infrastructure.
Outlay of 48000 crore rupees for 2015-20.
19. *AMRUT Yojana* (25 June 2015) :
AMRUT – Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Development
To develop infrastructure in 500 towns and cities.
Selection of cities on population & popularity basis.
Outlay of 500
00 crore rupees for 2015-20.
20. *HRIDAY Yojana* (21 January 2015) :
*HRIDAY* – Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana.
To promote inclusive & sustainable development of heritage sites